6 Tips to Stay Green & Support Your Community
It’s Earth Month! That means recycling, exchanging those light bulbs, and participating in park cleanups. That also means finding ways that you can live a greener lifestyle and support local organizations that will make change beyond Earth Month. We’ve compiled a list of 6 basic tips for making our community greener while shouting out some of our favorite groups doing great work for our environment.
1. Donate your spring cleaning to Goodwill! Most donations are sold or recycled to fund education and career-advancement services for people in our community. We diverted 80 million pounds from landfills last year alone.
2. Shop in bulk by bringing your own containers to stores like in.gredients.
3. Plant drought-tolerant, native plants in your garden. Get hooked up by a local nursery like The Tillery Street Plant Company.
4. Bike to work. Don’t have a bike or want to help others have access to them? Check out the Yellow Bike Project.
6. Compost! Even if you live in an apartment, the team at Compost Pedallers not only provides you with a sealed bucket but also bikes to you for pick-ups.