Goodwill Central Texas announces LifeLaunch

Life Launch Press Release



For Immediate Release:
September 6, 2017

Media Contact:

Kim Doyal, Communications Manager, Goodwill Central Texas, 512.730.1974

Goodwill Central Texas announces LifeLaunch, a program for young adults touched by the criminal justice system.

AUSTIN, TX Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Goodwill Central Texas is pleased to announce it has received a $1,004,495 grant from the U.S. Department of Labor, awarded through Goodwill Industries International. These funds are used to support the LifeLaunch program, which assists young adults, ages 18 to 24, who are in the Austin area and have been touched by the criminal justice system.

The Goodwill LifeLaunch Program will assist 150 young adults in the Austin area, interested in continuing their education and/or seeking stable employment. LifeLaunch Career Case Managers work closely with each young adult to assess and individualize program services that allow clients to be successful in achieving their goals. Services may include:

  • Educational assistance for programs such as GED tuition or other financial assistance, to complete:
    • An accredited Occupational/Vocational training program resulting in a certification, or
    • Courses at a local community college resulting in an Associate’s Degree.
  • Financial assistance, or a stipend to help cover expenses, may be offered to program participants during occupational training programs or while working towards completing an Associate’s Degree.
  • Paid internships within the community.
  • Financial incentives for achieving individualized goals. 

The Goodwill LifeLaunch program enables Goodwill Central Texas to continue our mission of generating lifelong connections to work by assisting underserved young adults in Central Texas through education, training, and career placement. The program provides young adults who have been involved in the criminal justice system an opportunity to continue their education, complete an occupational training program, or pursue their dream of attending college.

A potential program participant’s criminal involvement may include a juvenile offense(s) or a current/recent criminal offense(s) or violation(s) as an adult. The LifeLaunch program helps young adults overcome the obstacles presented by having a criminal background.

Federal dollars will finance 88.30% of the LifeLaunch Program, with the remaining 11.70% (or $138,574) to be financed by non-governmental sources. Goodwill Central Texas is committed to helping build a better future for young adults touched by the criminal justice system by helping them to launch the next chapter in their lives.

For more information or to learn how to enroll in the LifeLaunch program, please visit and click on the “Young Adult” tab under “Education and Training”.


Goodwill Central TexasAbout Goodwill Central Texas:

Established in Austin in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas, a private, non-profit, 501(c)3 organization, has become a multi-dimensional non-profit deeply entwined with business and job growth, the environment, and the overall spirit of Central Texas. Goodwill empowers more than 13,000 people each year, helping them fulfill their potential, improve the lives of their families, and contribute to the growth of the community. Goodwill, in collaboration with an extensive network of practical, thoughtful assistance-providers, actively strives to broaden its scope of education, job training, and business services in alignment with the core mission of Generating Lifelong Connections to Work. For more information about Goodwill Central Texas, go to


Leave a Comment

Read our commenting policy

Name is required.
An email address is required.
Your comment is required.

Your comment will post upon approval.